Re: Suspicions aroused...

From: Susan Brassfield (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 17:45:27 EDT

    >Long after ID is the majority assumption in the US, England will be stuck in
    >the dark age of "random mutation and natural selection". Why? England
    >doesn't have an ACLU.

    England has a state church. You, as an agnostic living in England would
    have your taxes go to support a religion in which you did not believe. The
    writers of our constitution thought that was a tad unfair. I agree. So does
    the ACLU and if you were smart, you would agree also.

    >Below are excerpts from the newspaper article:
    >Bertvan
    >
    >http://www.skagitvalleyherald.com/daily/00/may/28/a1dehart.html
    >Skagit Valley Herald, Sunday,
    >
    >School officials throw extra science materials out of class
    > Teacher has been at center of local evolution debate.

    this story leaves out a bit:

    >Though unable to comment Friday, Vander Veen had earlier in the week
    >expressed frustration that DeHart had presented the five articles to her
    >on May 3 -- a month after the district's deadline for supplemental
    >reading matter to be reviewed by the Instructional Material Committee.

    DeHart KNEW when the dealine was, and deliberately submitted the articles a
    month late. Wonder why? and wonder who called the press? OPPRESSION! RIGHT
    HERE IN RIVER CITY!!!

    Susan

    For if there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing
    of life as in hoping for another and in eluding the implacable grandeur of
    this one.
    --Albert Camus

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/