Re: ID

From: Cliff Lundberg (cliff@cab.com)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 14:11:34 EDT

    billwald@juno.com wrote:

    >These days scientists are like preachers in that neither has the guts to
    >admit they don't understand something and refuse to pool their ignorance.

    I've long thought it would be a great thing if scientists in every area
    devoted more effort to 'ignorology', to articulating the shortcomings
    and challenges of their fields. But funding goes to those who claim
    to be discovering things, not to those who bewail their ignorance and
    question the significance of their colleagues' work.

    --Cliff Lundberg  ~  San Francisco  ~  415-648-0208  ~  cliff@cab.com