Re: ID

From: billwald@juno.com
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 12:22:32 EDT

    Dear Bertvan

    >Hi Richard. Labeling ID a religious view seems like an attempt to
    prevent it
    >being mentioned in schools. ID is the belief that the diversity of life
    and
    >the universe is too complex to have occurred by chance. That is
    compatible
    >with most religious views, but ID itself makes no religious statement,
    except
    >to claim the complexity of life is the result of intelligence. If
    enough
    >people hold this view, I see no harm in school children being aware of
    it.

    Seems to me it is difficult to mention ID without mentioning the nature
    of the ID. If we insert space aliens, gaia, or whatever into the chain of
    command all we do is add another layer to the bureaucracy but still end
    up with the problem of first cause.

    These days scientists are like preachers in that neither has the guts to
    admit they don't understand something and refuse to pool their ignorance.

    billwald@juno.com

    Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.