Re: Intelligent Design

From: Susan Brassfield (Susan-Brassfield@ou.edu)
Date: Tue May 09 2000 - 17:33:28 EDT

    >Bertvan@aol.com writes
    > in message <bb.31e0aee.2649bb31@aol.com>:
    >
    ><snip>
    > > Dr. Larry Dossey has conducted experiments where
    > > patients were unaware of who was being prayed for. Prayer was
    >determined to
    > > have a statistically significant effect.

    Tedd Hadley:
    > Could you be more specific? I couldn't find any published prayer
    > studies conducted by Larry Dossey, although I'm sure he reports
    > several in his popular books.

    His website is at:
    http://www.dosseydossey.com/larry/default.asp

    and there's a big pic of him, but no research stats or results of any kind
    that I could see.

    He certainly hasn't continued his research
    http://www.healthy.net/library/interviews/redwood/dossey.htm

    "Dossey has retired from active medical practice, and devotes his time to
    writing and lecturing.
    He is the editor of Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, a journal
    which debuted in
    1995. He lives in New Mexico."

    ah! he never did do any research, he only read about research. This is a
    review of his book on prayer healing:
    http://members.aol.com/garypos/Healing_Words.html

    > It wouldn't be responsibile to trust any of this until its been
    > reproduced.

    Don't hold your breath!

    Susan

    For if there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing
    of life as in hoping for another and in eluding the implacable grandeur of
    this one.
    --Albert Camus

    http://www.telepath.com/susanb/