Re: Behe by Palevitz

From: MikeBGene@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 22:55:04 EST

    Me:

    >This results in the practical exlcusion of any interpretation in the light of
    >intelligent design. Thus, the evidence uncovered by science is not evidence
    >for a non-intelligent cause over an intelligent cause, it is only evidence
    >support ways a non-intelligent cause could have produced something. In
    >science, a non-intelligent cause for a biotic phenomenon is never tested
    >against an intelligent cause for such phenomena.

    Susan:

    >how would you propose that be done? So far intelligent design consists of
    >"it looks designed to me."

    Which is not much different than naturalistic evolution which consists of "it
    looks
    evolved to me."

    >What if the very same thing doesn't look
    >designed to the person standing next to me? How would you figure out
    >whether it's *actually* designed or not?

    Well, first you'd need to determine if that other person has a fair and open
    mind.
    If they have an axe-to-grind against ID, nothing you can say matters. Now,
    I've already spoken to these questions of yours. And although you obviously
    read
    my contributions to this list, you choose to ignore it and keep asking
    questions
    as if they had not been answered. This indicates to me you don't have a fair
    and open mind on this issue. Thus, to be quite blunt, I could care less if
    you
    are not convinced that something is designed.

    Mike