alien design

glenn morton (mortongr@flash.net)
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 13:24:07 +0000

At 11:01 AM 11/28/99 -0800, Cliff Lundberg wrote:
>glenn morton wrote:
>
>>UFO buffs who believe that alien races seeded the universe with
>>life are also ID proponents. And the ID movement doesn't and can't
>>distinguish between the alien-designer concept and the God-designer
>>concept. Do you think the ID movement will allow one of the UFO buffs
>>to be on the same stage with them?
>
>I'm not responding to the discussion this came from, but on this
>point I would point out that the alien-seeding theory is not necessarily
>an ID theory. It just pushes the question of origins back to the alien
>home world. And besides, 'seeding' doesn't seem quite the same as
>'designing'.

It is designing if the alien designed the bacterium they placed here. I
have heard that suggested. YOu say that this pushes the question of origin
of life back to the alien home world and thus imply that we shouldn't do
that. In what way does this really differ from placing the origin of life
with God? With God we have placed the origin of intelligence/life of some
form back to a place where we can not discuss its origin. What is the real
difference other than one is traditional and the other isn't?
glenn

Foundation, Fall and Flood
Adam, Apes and Anthropology
http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm