Re: Evolution!!

Glenn R. Morton (grmorton@waymark.net)
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 07:30:19 -0500

At 06:06 AM 7/19/98 -0500, Ron Chitwood wrote:
>found
>this century living on lobsters<<<<
>
>Interesting, imaginative and irrelevant. I'm STILL looking for a good,
>substantial reason WHY Drosophila cannot be mutated to a more complex
>structure. IMHO, scientists ignore this fact in an inordinate desire to
>prove a fallacy.

Ron,

You gave me kudos the other day when I was honest enough to go with truth
in the situation with the Dawkins video. I went with that truth even
though it was not favorable to my position. I am dedicated to finding the
truth regardless of whether or not the truth supports what I currently
believe.

But I have a question for you. Are you equally dedicated to finding the
truth? I have yet to see you ever admit that something is amiss on your
side. Is truth only a one-way street to your theological position? Have
you so correctly interpreted the Scripture that your position has the
equivalent authority as divine inspiration?

The reason I raise this is that the discovery of a new phylum is not
irrelevant as many YECs have claimed the lack of new phyla as evidence that
evolution couldn't happen.

So, are you willing to admit any of the errors your position has? Since
every position has some flaws, it is a measure of your dedication to truth
when one will be willing to admit the problems. It is an indication of the
opposite when one won't.
glenn

Adam, Apes and Anthropology
Foundation, Fall and Flood