Re: Attacks

Stephen Jones (sejones@ibm.net)
Wed, 27 May 1998 06:02:36 +0800

Burgy

On Wed, 20 May 1998 14:49:50 -0600, John W. Burgeson wrote:

>SJ>"I never said Glenn attacks "the person" of Christian apologists. You
>are being over-literal."

JWB>In my understanding, that is exactly the meaning of "ad hominen." And
>you did, I believe, use that term.
>
>Am I wrong on this? Is the Aussie language different here?

Yes, you *are* "wrong on this"! Like Ed you are conflating two different claims I
made in originally two different threads:

1. That Glenn destructively criticises Christian apologists.

2. That Glenn makes ad hominem attacks on myself and other creationist
Reflectorites.

For the record, unless I indicate otherwise, when I say that Glenn destructively
criticises Christian apologists, I mean he destructively criticises their *positions*,
not their persons.

Steve

"Evolution is the greatest engine of atheism ever invented."
--- Dr. William Provine, Professor of History and Biology, Cornell University.
http://fp.bio.utk.edu/darwin/1998/slides_view/Slide_7.html

Stephen E (Steve) Jones ,--_|\ sejones@ibm.net
3 Hawker Avenue / Oz \ Steve.Jones@health.wa.gov.au
Warwick 6024 ->*_,--\_/ Phone +61 8 9448 7439
Perth, West Australia v "Test everything." (1Thess 5:21)