Re: flood models #1 (was Fossil Man Again)

Stephen Jones (sjones@iinet.net.au)
Mon, 04 Dec 95 23:09:10 EST

Group

On Sun, 26 Nov 1995 21:05:28 -0500 Glenn wrote:

>Stephen wrote:
>
SJ>That does not fit the Biblical language used. It speaks of in one
day
>"all the springs of the great deep burst forth" (Gn 7:11). The KJV
>renders it "all the fountains of the great deep broken up". The Heb.
>word for "burst forth" (NIV) and "broken up" (KJV) is:

>Stephen,
GM>You have been beating me about the head and shoulders with this
hammer about subterranean springs breaking forth and yet you believe
that the flood was in the Mesopotamian region some where and was
local.

I have not been "beating" Glenn with anything. I have simply critiqued
his 5.5 MYA Homo habilis Mediterranean Flood model, from the Bible.

GM>What subterranean springs do you propose to have caused your
>flood.

I propose nothing more than that they were "subterranean springs",
based on the Biblical texts:

Gn 7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, on the seventeenth
day of the second month--on that day all the springs of the great deep
burst forth, and the floodgates of the heavens were opened.

Gn 8:2 Now the springs of the deep and the floodgates of the heavens
had been closed, and the rain had stopped falling from the sky.

GM>If you can not be specific about this in your model, then I
>suggest you have nothing to offer where the flood is concerned.

Glenn can "suggest" all he likes! :-) In critiquing a scientific
theory it is not encumbent for the critic to offer his own theory.
Glenn's theory has to stand on its own two feet.

Glenn knows I am not a geologist and I don't pretend to be one. I am
mainly concerned with being faithful the the *Biblical* picture. IMHO
Glenn's Mediterranean Flood model is not consistent with the Biblical
picture.

I have posted my reasons for this is detail, and I see no point in
continuing this fruitless debate with Glenn.

God bless.

Stephen

| 3 Hawker Ave | / Oz \ | sjones@odyssey.apana.org.au |
| Warwick 6024 |->*_,--\_/ | http://www.iinet.net.au/~sjones/ |
| Perth, Australia | v | phone +61 9 448 7439 |