Re: Fw: Scientific theory

From: Jim Armstrong <jarmstro@qwest.net>
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 15:52:49 EST

But Randy, I'm not quite in accord with what you've said here, but for
sure that last sentence just doesn't seem to be the case. The
creationist discussions concerning geology, for instance, are rife with
falsification arguments. Absence of evidence is cited as falsification.
Exceptions to the generally found ordering of sediment/fossil layers
comprise falsfications. The discussions of the Grand Canyon geologic
structures may be where it is most evident [try googling falsification
and "Grand Canyon"], but there are certainly many others. The problem is
what constitutes falsification to one person is a simple anomaly to
another, the difference being how one regards the evidence that is the
object of falsification.
JimA