Re: Antony Flew shifts his position due to scientific evidence

From: Terry M. Gray <grayt@lamar.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon Dec 13 2004 - 13:39:44 EST

To the group:

Of course, George is right in suggesting that this is off-topic. And
he's correct in reminding us that we've been down this road before,
especially with Rich.

As I recall the development of this thread (which bears little
resemblance to it's subject line at this point), there was a
paragraph in one of Anthony Flew's comments that touched on the
Palestinian problem (or whatever we want to call it) and someone or
some people couldn't resist commenting on it even though it was not a
faith-science issue. Then, naturally, *everyone* joined in.

Let's do try to exercise some restraint on this sort of thing. The
original post with the Anthony Flew news was on-topic and
appropriate, but every line in the interview was not necessarily
appropriate for a daughter thread.

Maybe we should start a second, totally unmoderated, anything goes
list. I know of at least one group that has done this--when things
get OT the moderator "moves" the thread to the other list. Anyone
interested? If we go that route, I'd recommend a yahoogroups type
list.

TG

--
Fort Collins, Colorado  80523