Re: new abortion quiz

From: Sheila Wilson <sheila-wilson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon Oct 11 2004 - 20:55:21 EDT

Question #1: Do more people (post-natal) die from murder or from natural causes? Who cares, murder is still murder and against God's laws. The question/argument is irrelevant.

Question #2: What percentage of Evangelical Protestant women are beaten to death by their husbands every year? Who cares, murder is still murder no matter who dies or how they are killed - including unborn babies.

Question #3: How many women suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder after having an abortion? 19% have diagnosable symptoms, 50% have mulitple symptoms. Post-traumatic stress also affects the husband, other children, other family members, and even friends. I know this from personal experience of friends and family.

Question #4: When does conception begin? Psalm 139:13 "For you [God] created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." We do not have the ability to decide when life begins or when the soul exists but God does. Until God chooses to tell us that exact moment, we must not assume and take the life. We were created by God with a plan and a purpose (Jeremiah 29:11, 2 Timothy 1:9).

Yes, we need to improve the lives of children now living and those who are to come. We cannot do this by sacrificing some of the unborn. I personally know of too many people who found out AS ADULTS that their mother had an abortion and then wondered why and even wished they had also been aborted.

We must quit making excuses. Unborn babies don't belong to "Caesar," they belong to God. Abortion, whether legal or illegal, will always be a choice just like any other sin is a choice. We must educate people, help them learn that God has a better way, and show them the way. That is our calling.

Sheila

Sheila McGinty Wilson
sheila-wilson@sbcglobal.net