Re: new abortion quiz

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. <dfsiemensjr@juno.com>
Date: Thu Oct 14 2004 - 00:07:21 EDT

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:35:00 -0400 "Alexanian, Moorad"
<alexanian@uncw.edu> writes:
> If a picture is worth a thousand words, what is the objection against
> using this type of physical evidence to indicate the nature of what
> is being observed? It was the invention of the ultrasound that
> prompted Dr. Bernard Nathanson to reverse his view on
> abortion---after being involved in tens of thousands abortions. You
> want to sanitize the data so that the subject becomes a
> philosophical game for self-appointed ethicists. If you have a weak
> stomach, then you should not look. Abortionists are fully aware of
> their wretched minds and with the use of RU-486 will bring the
> destruction of life closer to conception in an attempt to conceal
> their murderous acts.
>

> Moorad

Moorad,
I cannot go along with your Al-Zarkawi approach--sawing off heads for TV
or showing something equally nauseous to most people. Effective? Yes,
much as holding a gun to a man's head will get him to do anything the
gunman commands. Is effectiveness the crucial test, as your claim
implies? Your approach also fits the notion that a good end justifies any
means to it. You have clearly denigrated reason, though this is the basis
of most of what goes on on the list--excluding you, of course. You are so
obsessed over abortion that anyone who does not agree with you is a
murderer with a "wretched mind." This is ranting, not thinking. Since you
have decided that rational discussion is merely an irrelevant game, there
is no basis for further communication. Continue with your obdurate
dogmatism, but do not expect a response from me.
Dave