RE: The Curse - Upon All Creation or Just Mankind?

From: Mike Tharp <mtharp@exammaster.com>
Date: Mon Oct 04 2004 - 20:50:16 EDT

Hello Sheila,

Darkness is also often associated with evil in the Bible, but obviously both
day and night and, therefore, darkness existed prior to the fall. This
helps to support your contention that physical death, which undeniably has
negative connotations in the Word, was not necessarily part of the curse.
But regardless, death is the "enemy" and will be "cast into the lake of
fire" (Revelation 20:14) just as Gordon Brown pointed out that "there shall
be no night" in the heavenly Jerusalem (Revelation 22:5). That said, part
of the curse in Genesis 3:19 was that mankind would return to the dust from
which he was taken. Perhaps this is referring to something that was going
to take place anyway, but I have always understood it to be a consequence of
Adam and Eve's rebellion. I do see how it could be interpreted either way,
though. I will have to contemplate this further and pray about it, but I
have come to the conclusion that I cannot be overly dogmatic on this issue.

As for insects being gross. aren't they just another of God's beautiful
creations? You've got to admit that centipedes look cute and cuddly with all
those legs, no? :-)

In Christ,

Mike

  _____