Re: A case for Christianity that does use ID or YEC arguments

From: Michael Roberts <michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue Feb 03 2004 - 06:31:49 EST

> PS not strictly relevant to this response, but has anyone come across G A
Kerrkut's book, 'Implications of Evolution'?
> Prof Kerkut is (or was) an atheist, but one who has not been afraid to
point out some of the big assumptions made by
> evolutionary biology. I haven't yet got hold of a copy. It's an old book,
and at least some of its contents may now
> be out of date, but I'd be interested to hear from anyone who _has_ read
it and has opinions of it.

 I read Kerkut some 30 years ago, when YECs were swooning over it. His
thesis was that no clear mode or process for evolution had been found so we
should be more humble about trumpeting evolution. He did of course totally
accept the age of the earth nd the fossil order so no crumbs for YECs. Dear
Henry Morris because he reckoned the fossil succession was based on
evolution (a totally false statement) regarded Kerkut as very important.

About what I said of atheists I will be clear. If I am to be given the
choice of being a YEC with their character assassination and distortions or
an atheist with ethics I should choose the later. The former is of course a
travesty of being a Christian.

Michael