Re: A case for Christianity that does use ID or YEC arguments

From: Gary Collins <gwcollins@algol.co.uk>
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 09:09:23 EST

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 05:21:59 -0500, asa-digest wrote:

>Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 16:59:01 -0600
>From: douglas.hayworth@perbio.com
>
>What I am looking for is a reference (book or article) by an author
>(theologian/scientist) who concedes -- even argues for -- evolution as an
>accurate understanding of the formative history of the cosmos and earth
>while also making the case for existence of the Creator and deity of
>Christ.
>
>Any suggestions?
>
>Douglas

"There is no strong theological reason for denying the possibility that God used an evolutionary process to bring into existence the life-
forms he wanted". (Dr Earnest Lucas Can we believe Genesis today? IVP 2001, pg 104).

Also, I believe R J Berry has written at least one book along these lines, but I don't have any details to hand.

/Gary

PS not strictly relevant to this response, but has anyone come across G A Kerrkut's book, 'Implications of Evolution'?
Prof Kerkut is (or was) an atheist, but one who has not been afraid to point out some of the big assumptions made by
evolutionary biology. I haven't yet got hold of a copy. It's an old book, and at least some of its contents may now
be out of date, but I'd be interested to hear from anyone who _has_ read it and has opinions of it.

/G.