Pejudice? Cowardice? Re: A Peace Proposal

From: wallyshoes <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun Feb 01 2004 - 13:17:05 EST

The problem as I see it is that everyone is "thinking of" specific individuals
and then condemns an entire group of believers by using the word "YEC". Someone
recently noted that nearly 50% of all Christians are YECs. Do you guys really
want to slam the entire group?

Someone recently referred to my church as "the Unitarian Church of Christians"
in this area. The reason is that all manner of Christians coexist at this church
and we do NOT fight with each other. There is no need to do so. We focus on
Jesus Christ, not the theology of the other person wrt the OT.

When I found some books by Morris and his band of pseudo scientists in the
library, I complained to the hierarchy of the church and have made progress in
elimination of books that are scientifically bogus. That is not the same thing
as attacking an entire group of Christians for their theology.

What amazes and dismays me is the lack of identification of the specific group
of individuals about whom you are all talking. Are you *afraid* to identify
them? Is it a universal *prejudice*? How would you all feel if others attacked
Arabs in general because of the actions of groups of terrorists?

If you are angry because of YECs , then let me say that I am angry because of
your attacks on them without identifying the small minority of scientific
charlatans that you really mean.

And I do NOT believe that Glenn is justified in slamming YECs just because of
his experience with a select group. How about identifying the people of whom you
speak and criticize them BY NAME instead of by a category that includes a lot
of sensible people. If afraid to identify the person, at least say the ICR or
the AiG instead of the general term of YECs.

Have I said this often enough? I think not because all the unjust and unfair
comments still continue. So I will continue to complain about this unChristian
(IMHO) behavior.

 AND HEAR THIS WELL: Nobody on this list has any good scientific (non
philosophical) answer to those Christians who think that the earth was created
less than 10,000 years ago with the history intact. There is absolutely no way
to scientifically refute this (IMO) ---- but hostile criticism still spews
forth.

Walt

--