Re: Who's Burden of Proof?

From: <glennmorton@entouch.net>
Date: Fri Nov 28 2003 - 18:37:39 EST

From: Mark Dodson <dodsonm@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 12:48:41 -0500

>On Friday, November 28, 2003, at 10:52 AM, Steve Petermann wrote:
>
>> I know of no good designers who would
>> allow chance to be a dominant force affecting or driving their designs.
>
>Hey there,
>
> what about quantum computing?
>
>Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Or a process called simulated annealing, which is used in geophysics to design models of the subsurface. These things use chance based upon random number generators to mutate the model looking for a better fit to the real data. This type of procedure is quite widespread and shows that designers do use chance.