Re: Racism and YEC (WAS:Four items of possible controversy)

From: Don Winterstein <dfwinterstein@msn.com>
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 05:22:36 EST

Rich wrote:

"we are talking about whether there are real racial differences that would enable one group to dominate another and there are. We are being progressively dominated by a people who practice an ancient religion that destroys other religions. The secret of their success is eugenics."

People have hated Jews for as long as there have been Jews. Europeans have made an industry out of this hatred for centuries, and it appears to be thriving still. I suspect a lot of the hatred stems from the outsized impact that Jews have had on every civilization and culture they've been immersed in. Jews have often overcome the obstacles that others have deliberately put in their way and made their influence felt in extraordinary ways. I admire and respect them for that.

However, if they're having any success in destroying our religion, then it must be due to our own failures. After all, Christianity itself is trying to destroy all other religions in that its expressed intent is to convert everyone in the world to its way of thinking. Islam likewise. If external appearances count for anything, both Christianity and Islam are more forceful in their efforts to convert people than is Judaism; so it seems the Jews should be more fearful of us than we of them.

Assuming the Jews are actually having any success in "dominating" us, I'd venture the success stems more from their culture than their high IQ's; more from their adherence to their traditions and their resultant sense of group identity than from eugenics. It's widely accepted that someone with a moderate IQ who applies himself will outperform someone with a high IQ who doesn't. Jews seem more successful than many other groups in motivating their children to perform, to make an impact on the world. I attribute this far more to their values than to their physical attributes.

And I for one do not feel the least bit threatened by Jewish successes. I don't perceive Jews as constituting a monolithic entity that's out to get me and my religion. Rather, more often than not they are an oppressed and hated minority doing their best to do their best, all the while working hard (in many instances) to preserve their identity as a distinct people.

Don