Re: Declining water and oil

From: Don Winterstein <dfwinterstein@msn.com>
Date: Wed Nov 26 2003 - 05:35:10 EST

Glenn wrote:

"Today we have huge areas of the sea floor which are limestone, but the ocean
waters can only hold tiny amounts. that is the limitation on the growth of
calcium based organisms."

Technical point: If organisms take CaCO3 out of solution, then more CaCO3 will go into solution, where water contacts limestone (LS), and thereby allow additional organisms to take additional CaCO3 out of solution. This process can go on in principle until the oceans are saturated with such organisms (whatever that means). But as soon as they die, their skeletons will be available to contribute to the CaCO3 in solution.

As long as there's LS available to be dissolved, it looks like there's always going to be enough CaCO3 available to allow the oceans to saturate themselves with these organisms.

--Not that this makes deposition of all LS by a global flood any more likely or anything of the sort.

Don