Re: Subject: Re: Four items of possible controversy

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 07:36:02 EST

    In a message dated 11/18/03 7:03:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    glennmorton@entouch.net writes:
    GRM: Having two wonderful daughters-in-law, who would fall under Morris'
    definiton of 'hamitic' I couldn't disagree more with what you have written. Each
    individual is unique, there are no 'racial differences' involved in
    personality. Did I wake up this morning in the 1950's? I won't reply to any defense
    of the nonsense above.
    It is you who are talking nonsense. You're not talking religion or
    science. You're telling me something about your daughters-in-law. First of all, I
    didn't say personality differences. You did. I can only guess at what
    caused you to make the mistake. I wasn't even that specific. I changed innate to
    modifiable, which is the actual case regarding evolution (modifiable) as
    opposed to creationism (created therefore static).
    There are races. To deny that they exist and that there are differences
    is irrational. To deny that there are human families but no racial
    categories defies all observation. I don't need to talk to you either. Discourse is
     impossible with a zealot. Do you realize you're afraid to admit the truth
    because you think if you admit the truth, you're embracing bigotry? No, quite
    frankly, you're embracing ignorance.
    You must also believe that Joe McCarthy was chasing people who were
    not really communists.
    Don't assume you have the moral high ground. You don't.

    rich faussette