Re: Subject: Re: Four items of possible controversy

From: RFaussette@aol.com
Date: Tue Nov 18 2003 - 18:08:14 EST

    In a message dated 11/18/03 9:28:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    michael.andrea.r@ukonline.co.uk writes:
    Should racists like Faussette be allowed on this list? I dont think so.

    Michael
    Dear Michael,
    I am not a racist and you owe me an apology, but before you apologize,
    quote for me the racist comments that I have made.

    I am not here to outrage you or demonstrate my prejudices. I have quoted
    scientists but not one of you in all the time I've been here ever
    intelligently discussed any of the books I have suggested you read. You have simply
    rejected what I've said but since I've been here I've written a book review
    of david sloan wilson's work and he wrote me to discuss my review which was
    lauded by the editors and irritated wilson slightly because I suggested that
    he was obscuring the religious warfare I speak of, but he did admit to me
     that he rewrote his chapter on Judaism many times before settling on the
    final copy because I suggest his book would not have been published had
    he spoken the whole truth.

    Dick fischer taught me something in the last few days - I referenced
    Sagg's the Babylonians, and Leo Oppenheim's Ancient Mesopotamia to find
    that Dick was correct about the 'deluge' postulated but not proven to have
    occurred around 2900 b.c. You see, the tigris and euphrates flood
    annnually like the Nile but more destructively so it is difficult to pinpoint a
    deluge amid the normal annual floods. But my point is that I went to the
    book to find out what I didn't know. I didn't call Dick a name because he
    thinks the flood of the Bible is based on this one and I don't. I asked him
    a question and researched his claims. You simply call names. That is not
    religious, it is not scientific and it is not even responsible and I suggest
    that you got your courage because you saw Ted the list manager get into the
    fray and thought you saw a wounded animal and went in for the easy kill.
    You should be ashamed, and one day when it dawns on you what I was
    trying to tell you, you will remember what you called me and how wrong you were.

    Let me ask you a simple question. When the Hebrews took Canaan whether
    dramatic and decisive as in Joshua or gradualist as in Judges, was it morally
    right to either slaughter the indigenous inhabitants and/or set them to forced
    labor?

    No hard feelings - quote the racist comments I have made - argue them
    like a Christian and a scientist and I will trounce you soundly but it will be
    an honorable beating for you, without shameful accusations and name
    calling.

    You all will benefit by an airing of my arguments because you haven't come to
    the realization yet. I hope it comes before it is too late for you all. If
    any of you doubt me, why not write Kevin MacDonald, the evolutionary
    psychologist and ask him about the things I say to you. It would be preferable to
    name calling. He's a tenured professor, widely published, wrote a ground
    breaking trilogy on Judaism, editor of the journal Population and
    Environment, known around the world.

    rich faussette