Re: So what?!

From: Dr. Blake Nelson (bnelson301@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 20:42:38 EST

    --- Vernon Jenkins <vernon.jenkins@virgin.net> wrote:
    (SNIP)
    > The message is uncovered by the application of
    > simple logic. It is twofold:
    >

    > (1) Whereas we may by faith have _believed_ the
    > Judaeo-Christian Scriptures to be divinely inspired,
    > and the unique repository of revealed truth, we now
    > _know_ this to be so.

    Is this a superior position to be in for freely loving
    God?

    Is Christianity based on faith in the Bible, or faith
    in Jesus of Nazareth?

    > (2) The widely-experienced adverse reaction to the
    > phenomena reveals a serious flaw in man's mental
    > faculties. This of course is completely in line with
    > biblical expectations - confirming, in particular,
    > Jer.17:9 (which otherwise might well be considered
    > unbelievable!)

    No disrespect intended, but one can use that logic as
    proof of anything one wants to, no matter how
    unbelievable to everyone.

    I am reminded of those who espouse conspiracy theories
    who argue that the lack of evidence shows how
    invidious and "good" the cover-ups are.