Re: Student perceptions re evolution

From: Loren Haarsma (lhaarsma@calvin.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 09:58:29 EDT

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, John W Burgeson wrote:

    > Having followed this issue for ~ 30 years, I see no reversal in the
    > future; rather, the margin by which the young-earthers are winning the
    > hearts and minds of the population will ever increase.
    >
    > If anyone has a solution to the problem, speak up. Please.

       I have a suggestion which is both slightly cynical and seriously
    practical. Borrow one particular tactic from the ICR and the Discovery
    Institute: Locate a few rich benefactors who will pay the salaries of
    half a dozen or a dozen people whose entire job it will be to promote this
    one particular agenda by writing letters, articles, and books, pushing
    those books onto bookstore shelves, and traveling around the country
    giving lectures and debates to church and campus groups.