Re: Student perceptions re evolution

From: John W Burgeson (jwburgeson@juno.com)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 18:02:29 EDT

    Howard asked: "So, for list discussion, what do you make of this poll
    result? "

    What it says to me is that the ASA and like organizations have failed
    miserably in getting the ideas of faith/science across to our children
    and that ICR, AIG and the like are winning the race going away.

    To the average young person, it is so comforting to be certain about
    faith/science issues.

    That goes for too many of the mature folks in our country as well.

    Having followed this issue for ~ 30 years, I see no reversal in the
    future; rather, the margin by which the young-earthers are winning the
    hearts and minds of the population will ever increase.

    If anyone has a solution to the problem, speak up. Please.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    www.burgy.50megs.com

    Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!