Re: Student perceptions re evolution

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@chartermi.net)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 09:49:56 EDT

    >From: "Dr. Blake Nelson" <bnelson301@yahoo.com>

    Skip 2 paragraphs...

    > My point? Those with the biggest axes to grind
    > generally shout the loudest... it is academia's
    > version of interest group politics. Additionally,
    > those who get the press are the vocal atheists and
    > antireligionists. They perhaps are also more likely
    > to be science popularizers for the same reason

    Perhaps one could make a parallel assessment re popularizers of biblical
    literalism and YEC interpretations of Genesis 1-3. The combination of these
    two assessments would help us understand why the popular version of the
    science/theology dialog is the strident shouting match known as the
    creation/evolution debate -- represented by such familiar shouters as
    Richard Dawkins and Kent Hovind.

    Howard Van Till