Re: An interesting essay for evangelicals

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 14:01:00 EST

    At 09:50 AM 22/01/2003 -0700, John Burgeson wrote:

    >>On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, John Burgeson wrote:
    >>
    >> > You
    >> > and I, Michael, did not "choose" our heterosexual orientation, we acquired
    >> > it either by nature or by nurture. Likewise, my homosexual friends did not
    >> > "choose," but found themselves to be simply different from the norm.

    Being different from the norm does not mean that you are now allowed to do
    anything that comes up in your mind.
    As a defence for homosexual relationships I think the defence is not
    sufficient. Many of us have sinful wishes, that we must contain all our
    life. I do not necessarily want to throw out all homosexuals, but thus far
    I did not find a biblical, and logical defense of even "committed"
    reationships.

    Jan de Koning