Re: An interesting essay for evangelicals

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 13:54:55 EST

    At 09:45 AM 22/01/2003 -0700, John Burgeson wrote:
    >Terry posted some sound comments; I reply in part:
    >
    >>>Why? Does the existence of a genetic or physical-chemical basis for some
    >>>sinful behavior excuse it? >>
    >
    >Good point, Terry. Absolutely not.

    I knew someone I loved who was a compulsive thief. He simply had to take
    something that he really liked. His parents had to close the places were
    valuable things were. It was obviously a genetic "fault." Does that
    excuse him? Is kleptomancy to be allowed? If so, why not? If yes, how
    would we handle it in law?

    Jan de Koning