Re: An interesting essay for evangelicals

From: John Burgeson (burgythree@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 11:50:56 EST

    >>The fact that we did not choose our heterosexual orientation is no excuse
    >>for us to commit heterosexual acts forbidden by Scripture. >>

    I fully agree, Gordon. And if the above is changed to read "The fact that we
    did not choose our homosexual orientation is no excuse
    for us to commit homosexual acts forbidden by Scripture," I agree with that
    also.

    The issue is simple. Is a same-sex long term domestic loving relationship
    between two adults something that is forbidden by scripture? If it is not,
    then there is no sin involved.

    John W. Burgeson (Burgy)
    www.burgy.50megs.com