Re: An interesting essay for evangelicals

From: gordon brown (gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 11:36:50 EST

    On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, John Burgeson wrote:

    > You
    > and I, Michael, did not "choose" our heterosexual orientation, we acquired
    > it either by nature or by nurture. Likewise, my homosexual friends did not
    > "choose," but found themselves to be simply different from the norm.

    The fact that we did not choose our heterosexual orientation is no excuse
    for us to commit heterosexual acts forbidden by Scripture. In order to
    follow the Lord's commands and His will for our lives it may be necessary
    for us heterosexual Christians to practice celibacy for long periods of
    time, even in some cases all our lives.

    Gordon Brown
    Department of Mathematics
    University of Colorado