Re: Creativity query

From: Robert Schneider (rjschn39@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 14:46:21 EDT

    While I agree with George generally, I would say regarding the assertion
    that "heavily didactic poetry is generally bad" are the many exceptions to
    that "generally": examples
         Milton, Paradise Lost
         Dante, The Comedy
         Virgil, Aeneid and Georgics
         Lucretius, On the Nature of the Universe
    However, with the passing of the classical style, perhaps in the West at
    least, didactic poetry won't work anymore.

    Bob Schneider