Re: Creativity query

From: John Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 18:52:04 EDT

    >>This is not to say that Christian art should not disturb us,
    but that seeking to give offense is wrong>>

    I'd have to disagree here. I think there is a specific verse that applies.
    Galations 5:11 suggests that the cross, itself, is an offense.

    To give offense without cause is probably wrong; to give offense to, say, an
    atheist (by a witness), or a Christian Separatist (by an affirmation that
    all humanity is one race), or a Fred Phelphs (by an expression of love
    toward homosexuals), as three examples that come to mind, is something else.

    Burgy