Re: The Flood Hoax

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 20:15:42 EDT

    george murphy wrote:

    > Walter Hicks wrote:
    >
    > > george murphy wrote:
    > >
    > > > & any attempt to find some historical niche for Gen.6:1-4
    >& perhaps some
    > > > historical evidence for the _nephilim_, the descendants of the
    >"sons of the
    > > > gods" and "the daughters on men," seems to me to be a _reductio ad
    > > >absurdum_ of
    > > > concordism.
    > >
    > > Why not (possibly) of innerancy?
    >
    > Because this doesn't eman that there's any error in the text.

    But if the text were in error (because those writing it thought they
    were telling real
    history) , then it would be a problem of inerrancy.

    So how is one supposed to tell the difference? It seems as though you
    are saying that:
    when it is real history, then it is real history. When it is not real
    history, then it
    was something other than real history. Either way the OT gets to be inerrant by
    definition. (Good thing too, since the Bible never decreed itself to
    be inerrant. Left
    that to other people.)

    Walt

    --