RE: Noahic Covenant

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jul 27 2002 - 20:05:52 EDT

    Hi Glenn, you wrote:

    >>I found in the Library of Congress a list of receipts and documents
    >>that were retrieved (stolen) from the ancient cattle market of
    >>Drehem. Mostly boring stuff written in Sumerian except there was one
    >>receipt for "unblemished cattle for sacrifice." That would be the
    >>earliest recorded mention of animal sacrifice to biblical standards
    >>predating the Bible itself.
    >
    >Wow, imagine that! The earliest recorded account of cattle sacrifice just
    >about the time that writing is invented. It is a shame that those
    >pre-literate peoples didn't write things down

    God established a covering for sin among Adam's descendants that was
    mimicked by the Sumerians. No surprises there. It would be
    surprising had God told them to go observe the pagans and do it their
    way.

    >Dick, I am boring of this. You can have the last word.

    We have wrestled with this for some time now. Challenges to our way
    of thinking force us to dig deeper and examine our own convictions
    with an intensity only borne of conflict. You have done that for me,
    and I am in your debt.

    Your friend in Christ,

    Dick Fischer