RE: Infusion of the soul as a process

From: Jay Willingham (jaywillingham@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 18:35:57 EDT

    Another one of those mysteries, like old Solomon ruminated on in =
    Ecclesiastes 11

    "5 As you do not know the path of the wind,=20
    or how the body is formed [1] in a mother's womb,=20
    so you cannot understand the work of God,=20
    the Maker of all things.=20

    Footnotes 11:5 Or know how life (or the spirit ) / enters the body being =
    formed".=20

    Old Jeremiah was told:

    "4 The word of the Lord came to me, saying,=20
    5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew [1] you,=20
    before you were born I set you apart;=20
    I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

    Footnotes: 1:5 Or chose"

    So this seems to imply soul infusion occurs pre-birth.

    Of course, as time is a created thing, like a table, maybe the "knowing" =
    is in the eternal now. =20

    The brain as the seat of the soul is a presumption alright.

    We are flushing these fetuses out right up to birth, it seems.

    As I remember my embryology, the ovum was pretty inactive until the =
    spermatozoa hit it, then things really started cooking.

    I had never heard of the zygote splitting into two zygotes, then =
    re-merging.

    Conjoined viable twins certainly are two souls.

    Jay