RE: Infusion of the soul as a process

From: JW Burgeson (hoss_radbourne@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jul 22 2002 - 17:33:23 EDT

    >>Just a suggestion: How about the traditional view, that the huamn soul is
    >>fully
    formed upon conception and therefore, the conceptus is a fully human person?

    I addressed that, of course. It suffers from the three arguments I made
    which seem to make it untenable. To refresh your memory:

    1. Conception being a process, not an event
    2. The fact of occasional twinning
    3. The fact of occasional twins fusing back into one conceptus.

    As I pointed out, none of these is an absolute barrier to the traditional
    view, but the three together seem to make that view problemmatical.

    Burgy

    www.burgy.50megs.com