Re: Understanding prophecy, Part 2

From: Allen Roy (allenroy@peoplepc.com)
Date: Thu Jul 11 2002 - 03:02:17 EDT

    From: "Shuan Rose" <shuanr@boo.net>
    > How about a single, intelligent mind living in Maccabean times:)
    > More seriously, Allen, your defense of Daniel, while earnest, detailed and
    > intelligent, seems strained to me. I frankly doubt that if Daniel were a
    non
    > canonical book, that you would resort to these gyrations to defend its
    > historical accuracy. That is the test: If Daniel was simply another
    ancient
    > book, would you resort to these types of defenses? Would you credit these
    > defenses if someone else advanced them? I think not.

    The Chiasm structure is only one of several other pieces of evidence, which
    altogether point toward there being a real Daniel. Probably the greatest
    evidence for the date of Dainel, is the fulfillment of the prophecies.
    Jesus told his desciples that prophecies prove God is true when they are
    fulfilled. That's the way it is with Daniel.

    I don't see part 3 yet. I wonder what happened to it??

    Allen