Re: Mark Noll

From: Joel Moore (redsoxfan_1977@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 13:36:52 EDT

    I'll put my plug in for Mark Noll. He is a fine scholar and a gentleman.

    I highly recommend _Scandal of the Evangelical Mind_. His _American
    Evangelical Christianity: An Introduction_ is good (full disclosure: I
    worked on it as his research assistant). Another volume that David
    Livingstone, D.G. Hart, and Noll were editors for and Noll to which
    contributed one essay is _Evangelicals and Science in Historical
    Perspective_; perspectives from both sides of the pond are included. His
    newest book, _The Old Religion in the New World: The History of North
    American Christianity_ is worth it solely for the extensive bibliography
    on North American history with numerous periods and regions covered in
    detail.

    Joel