Important thing to remember next time

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 21:36:10 EDT

    Paul Seeley wrote on Monday, July 08, 2002 3:52 PM
    >I agree with you to the extent that if objective evidence falsified all of
    >biblical history, we could not object to the claims of other religions as
    >readily, and would need at the least to reexamine our own foundations. But,
    >much of the OT history does stand (in spite of the minimalists), and the NT
    >(which is much more our foundation than the Old) stands very well.

    The only thing I want to ask is that in 6-8 months or more, when we get into
    another discussion of historicity, remember this aspect of my belief system.
    While you might believe the Bible until every last scrap of history is wrung
    out of it, I wouldn't stay that long--indeed many wouldn't. The question we
    really have been discussing is how much history is too little to believe the
    Scripture and that is what gets me in trouble on this list. People forget
    that I don't require everything to be historical but I do want a higher
    ratio than you and indeed most on this list. What we are arguing about is
    NOT whether there should be historicity, but how much.

    Don't forget now.

    personal stories of struggle