RE: Inerrancy

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 11:10:13 EDT

    At 04:50 PM 06/07/02 -0400, Shuan wrote:

    >Hi, John,
    >I guess I would regard my position, stated in the post, "Human Word of the
    >Almighty God" as C. I would say that Scripture is inerrant only to the
    >extent that it contains "Truths necessary for salvation ". I think your post
    >is a very good summing -up of the various approaches to Scriptural
    >authority.

    Limiting inerrancy to "Truth necessary for salvation" is just shifting the
    problem. As human beings there is no second of our day which is not
    stained with sin. "Total depravity" means that every moment of our day is
    full of sin, which means that no theory we have is without sin. However,
    we have to keep on striving to do the right things (studying and improving
    theories) and try to follow Christ in all of our work and play. (See, I am
    a Calvinist).

    Jan de K.