Re: Christian Science

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sat Apr 27 2002 - 15:42:53 EDT

    George writes

    >>I should have been more precise. Given a person's background, we may
    indeed wonder in what sense a person is accepting the Statement of Faith.
    Furthermore, I see nothing wrong with frank discussion among members of
    theological differences in light of the creeds. But I don't think that the
    ASA as an organization should be investigating the theology of applicants
    for
    membership if they accept the Statement of Faith unless there is obvious
    evidence of dissimulation.
              As I said earlier, the ASA is not a Church and its Statement of
    Faith
    is not a condition for church fellowship. I think there are serious errors
    in
    the theology of the Unification Church & that's true in varying degrees for
    some other churches whose members are represented in ASA. There are strong
    and weak points in having a relatively broad statement of the type we
    presently have but I think the strengths outweigh the weaknesses.>>

    Hi George. What is the ASA's position on being born again? I
    believe that Christ considered it a necessity.

    Jim