Re: Epicurean philosophy

From: Jonathan Clarke (jdac@alphalink.com.au)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 17:23:32 EDT

    I have several thoughts on this. First of all it is from a book defending
    atheism, and therefore should be checked against what Epicurius actually
    wrote. Secondly what did the Epicurians actually contribute to science?
    Democritius is often called an Epicurian, but he preceeded Epicurius.
    Thirdly, an an atheist is trying to use an atheistic statement as a basis
    for science.

    Jon