ASA Perspective - Age

From: Don Perrett (don.perrett@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 17:16:02 EDT

    This issue of age was brought up. Although there is a direct correlation
    between age and wisdom/knowledge, this does not necessarily hold true all
    the time. I have seen seniors that have little to no knowledge of just about
    anything. On the other hand, I have seen young people that know as much as
    anyone. The amount of dedication one takes in accomplishing a task, even
    studying, is the more pertinent factor. To assume that just because someone
    is young they must be stupid is arrogant and shows senility. Why? If it were
    only up to older folks to make decisions and judgments, then we wouldn't be
    using the internet to have these discussions. Don't underestimate youth. It
    is our youth that defines our world not people on their way out. No
    disrespect intended to those of age.
    Don P