RE: A matter of trust?(Or why YEC persists)

From: Dick Fischer (dickfischer@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 13:55:36 EDT

    Shuan Rose wrote:

    > I recently had a look at my copy of Bernard Anderson's " Creation & Chaos", a collection of lectures dealing with these topics. His first lecture" Creation and History" gives a very good explanation of the interrelation between history and the various creation accounts in the Bible. He argues that Israel borrowed elements from what was originally the pagan mytholgies of the Middle East , rewrote them, and integrated them into an historical account of the saving acts of God.

    Sumerologists advocate that since the Sumerians were first to write, and they wrote about matters of creation, the flood, etc., that the Accadians, later Hebrews, borrowed and eventually Hebrew versions got caught up in the Bible. Alternatively, we could believe that the Accadians and Sumerians who lived side by side were impacted by historical events equally, and recorded their own versions.

    The Sumerians invented handwriting, and the Accadians learned from them, so if we just look at chronological order, Sumerian versions should be older. But to say that the Hebrews copied "pagan mythologies" is supposition only, and beyond what can be confirmed.

    Dick Fischer - The Origins Solution - www.orisol.com
    "The answer we should have known about 150 years ago"