Re: A matter of trust?(Or why YEC persists)

From: Jim Eisele (jeisele@starpower.net)
Date: Sun Apr 21 2002 - 16:54:32 EDT

    Bob writes

    >I think YEC flourishes because its proponents are very effective at
    marketing their product and >putting down the product they are trying to
    outsell. There are a lot of voices who speak a different language of God and
    creation, and we who speak this language need to find ways to get the
    message out without playing their game

    Funny thing, Bob. I just sent someone an e-mail about my definition
    of evil. To the effect that evil is willful, deliberate rejection of
    the truth. And then lashing out at people who remind/point out the
    truth to you. Not my idea. M. Scott Peck, in People of the Lie.

    A pretty ugly topic, but why be ignorant? I've written more than I've
    wanted to today. But, I'd be remiss not to point out a serious threat.
    I'm a 33 year old guy who lost his job because of a "personality conflict"
    with the boss' daughter. Could someone please tell me why it is my
    responsibility to lead the fight to promote a historical, non-YEC Genesis?

    Jim