RE: A matter of trust? Or why YEC persists)

From: Don Perrett (don.perrett@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 08:50:05 EDT

    See below:
      -----Original Message-----
      From: asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu [mailto:asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu]On
    Behalf Of Glenn Morton
      Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 8:19 AM
      To: Shuan Rose; george murphy; Robert Schneider
      Cc: asa@calvin.edu
      Subject: RE: A matter of trust?(Or why YEC persists)

      As an excersize in creativity and just for fun (not for seriousness),
    Shuan prsented the following challenge:

    >>>Yet God my King is from of old, working salvation in the midst of the
    earth. 13Thou didst divide the sea by thy might; thou didst break the heads
    of the dragons on the waters. 14Thou didst crush the heads of Leviathan,
    thou didst give him as food for the creatures of the wilderness. 15Thou
    didst cleave open springs and brooks; thou didst dry up ever-flowing
    streams. 16Thine is the day, thine also the night; thou hast established the
    luminaries and the sun. 17Thou hast fixed all the bounds of the earth; thou
    hast made summer and winter. (Psalms 74:12-17)

       I have a feeling that there will be few calls for a concordist
    interpretation of this passage! <<<

      Well lets see, god did divide the sea with continental drift (many times)
    and he did break the head of the reptilian dragons of the Cretaceous era by
    dropping the Chicxulub meteor onto their heads which of course gave them
    (their carcasses) as food for the few survivors. The meteor also 'cleaved
    open' a big hole allowing groundwaters to escape in the form of springs.
    Most of us do believe that God created the luminaries and the sun as well as
    summer and winter.

      Voila!! a concordistic interpretation!!! :-)

      glenn

      Don: Cute Glenn. It almost works. Not to get too serious. I think he was
    referring to the Red Sea. :) In either case, I actually wanted to address
    the Chicxulub meteor. My question: Although I agree with the fact that a
    meteor of this size might destroy all larger land animals, how would boiled
    and/or irradiated sea water discriminate between the fish that survived and
    the water dinosaurs?

      Don P