RE: A matter of trust? Or why YEC persists)

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 21:07:44 EDT

    Hi Don, You wrote:

    >Don: Cute Glenn. It almost works. Not to get too serious. I think he was
    referring to the Red Sea. :) In
    >either case, I actually wanted to address the Chicxulub meteor. My
    question: Although I agree with the fact
    >that a meteor of this size might destroy all larger land animals, how would
    boiled and/or irradiated sea water
    >discriminate between the fish that survived and the water dinosaurs?

    I can tell you that it works with the red sea as it is a rift, thus it is
    part of continental drift. So I would contend that my imaginary
    concordistic interp would still work.

    As to the boiled water, in the immediate vicinity of the impact, everything
    died for thousands of miles around. And they died very rapidly. The
    ecological devastation at times like these seem to favor animals which are
    small, can hide in sheltered places and those which are lower down on the
    food chain, closer to the plants. The Reptilian plesiosaurs finally went
    extinct at the end of the Cretaceous. They probably died off as the fish
    populations they depended on declined in numbers after the crash. They were
    at the top of the food chain. It is important to note that the entire oceans
    didn't boil so marine life could survive.

    personal stories of struggle