Re: Pansies?

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 23:04:04 EDT

    Walter Hicks wrote:

    > George,
    >
    > You of all people should show forgiveness and mercy to even the most
    > inane of our members. Are you so alouf that you can dismiss Jim that
    > easily?
    >
    > Now, I agree that Jim is generally obnoxious -- but he seems to indicate
    > that he has a personal problem (BIG TIME!) and I doubt that many are
    > appropriately sensitive to his issue. Jim is a Christian and we should
    > not dismiss that easily.... Especially those who tolerate the sick
    > attitude of Phil Johnson
    >
    > Why not give Jim one more chance?
    >
    > How many times did Jesus say we should forgive a person?
    >
    > Surely it was more than 7 -- and more often that Jim has promised to go
    > away.
    >
    > Does anybody disagree?

            This is not a question of forgiveness. I was not concerned with any
    personal affront that Mr. Eisele had offered me. He has not come to me for
    confession & absolution, pastoral counseling, or instruction. What he has
    done is spray out a lot of one-liners which show no understanding of the
    issues, disparage various participants on this list, and finally offer a
    general insult to the list as a whole. He has contributed to a general
    decline of the quality of discussion on this list over the past few weeks.
    He promised to go away - twice. I think he should.

    Shalom,
    George

    George L. Murphy
    http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/