Re: Pansies?

From: Dr. Blake Nelson (bnelson301@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 22 2002 - 22:42:25 EDT

    A few more or less impartial observations:

    --- Jim Eisele <jeisele@starpower.net> wrote:
    > Walt writes
    > >Jim has aproblem. That is clear.
    > >Now, I agree that Jim is generally obnoxious -- but
    > he seems to indicate
    > >that he has a personal problem (BIG TIME!)
    > A) Grow up

    I know many fourth graders who use the term "pansy",
    not too many adults.

    > B) When did you become my judge?

    Probably, when you called whomever "pansies" -- seems
    like a "throwing the first stone" judgmental thing to
    me.

    > C) Judge not, lest you be judged.

    Since when is "pansy" a non-judgmental, value neutral
    term?

    > D) How constructive.

    Please explain how pansy is a constructive term.

    > E) How would you feel if someone wrote that about
    > you?

    "Pansy" or some other ad hominem epithet?

    > F) Ever bother to ask why I get so irritated - see
    > A)

    Turn the other cheek?

    > G) Although you made some "softening remarks" - see
    > A)

    Even if you think the other person a fool, as the old
    saying goes, "He who argues with a fool is a fool."