RE: How and when did we become "men"?

From: Stephen J. Krogh (panterragroup@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Apr 19 2002 - 14:41:31 EDT

    Is "Artistic" really a human characteristic? Other animals have been
    observed to decorate their humble abodes.
    http://www.calusanature.com/Red-Shouldered%20Hawk.htm
    http://www.itsforthebirds.net/about.shtml
    http://www.ficus.usf.edu/docs/guide_issues/chap4/chap4-6.htm
    http://richland.uwc.edu/Depts/Biology/accounts/BALEAGL.htm
    http://www.cavern.org/ACCA/cave_facts_wildlife.htm
    http://www.wingmasters.net/rshawk.htm

    > The time when man
    > first made and used "tools" can be pointed to as proof that God
    > had, by that
    > time, bestowed upon evolved primates His "image," since they were at that
    > time displaying the "godly" quality of "great intelligence."

    Fabricating and using tools are not activities exclusively reserved for
    humans.
    http://miavx1.muohio.edu/~dragonfly/tools/chimptools.htmlx
    http://www.pri.kyoto-u.ac.jp/chimp/Bossou/Chimpbeh.html
    http://www.leeds.ac.uk/chb/lectures/anthl_12.html